1.4
Turnaround Time

BEWARE.I chose this family farm to buy some blueberry plants.

Big mistake. I understood when they required me to send them a check for $75 and wait for it to clear before they would ship my plants. Perhaps people have ripped them off in the past and they have a right to protect themselves. I prepared my garden and enriched its soil while I waited for my "3 year old, up to 4 feet tall" bushes to arrive.

They were a very fair price at $10 each and the $25 shipping fee was also reasonable. Wow. My shipment arrived in a package no bigger than a shoe box! To add insult to injury, the box was labeled $10 PREPAID SHIPPING (when ordering on the phone I had asked very specifically if the extra $25 I was being charged was only the shipping cost and was assured that it was).

Inside were 5 bare root plants that measured no more than 16 inches and were as big around as a toothpick. None were labeled as to their variety nor was there any invoice or packing slip to speak of. I went about planting them in the pre-selected areas of my garden but just had to guess as to whether they were the kind that mature to more than 5 feet tall or perhaps they are full size at only a foot tall. No way to tell.

Once planted, I emailed the farm to express my disappointment in the size and quality of the plants and ask for an explanation for their shipping fee. I got no response. I sent a second email which was also ignored. Regretfully, I decided to let the matter go.

I was attentive to my new plantings and monitored their water and the ph of their soil. Winter came, then Spring. I shouldn't have been surprised to find that all but one of the plants were dead. So much effort, care and money wasted.

I sent DiMeo farm another email explaining the situation and including my previous two emails which had gone unanswered. I sent a 4th email with a "read receipt" request so at least I would know that someone was reading them. Nothing. I called the DiMeo farm twice last week and asked for the person in charge but they said there wasn't anyone; left my name and number but no return call.

Today when I called them and insisted that someone address this matter the girl on the other end of the line instantly turned into a computer voice reading their no refund policy to me in a monotone voice despite the fact that I declined her offer to do so saying it was not necessary. Next she hung up on me. Looking at their other negative reviews, I now realize that their mail-order side of the business is a total scam put in place to supplement their income from their "pick your own berries" business. This family has been in the game too long.

They've gotten lazy and spoiled on the backs of the previous generation, they don't want the public on their property but know they have to play nice and tolerate us to keep the money coming in. It seems that they feel justified in ripping of the mail order customers.

After all, what are we going to do?They already cashed our check!

Review about: Dimeo Farms Blueberry Plant.

I liked: Should be ashamed of themselves.

I didn't like: Getting ripped off, Cash your check before they will let you be their customer.

Had an Experience with Dimeo Farms?

Comments

People are getting ripped off at DiMeos pick your own and not even knowing it and they give DiMeo five star review on Yelp

I wonder why any one would put up with DiMeo BS and his over charging prices

DiMeo rips off the people , people don't have a chance to rip him off

This is not a family business it's just Anthony DiMeo and how do I know is because I know this POS and I tell you that no one likes him from our town his own father don't talk to him in over twenty years now if you like to learn more about this POS Google blueberry Heir