On 6/26/16 I went to DiMeo Farms to pick blueberries at $1.66/pint. This was my first and LAST time at this farm. I pick a LOTof berries at one time, (4-6 flats) and usually go to the pine barrens (North Branch Blueberries and others). I met Anthony DiMeo at his shed (the families old corn bin) and had a nice chat. He seemed like a good and honest man. I usually check the fields of places I go to see how heavily the plants are loaded before I start picking. Though all only take cash, none require it UP FRONT...clearly a RED FLAG. Tony told me his fields were LOADED with berries and I should have no trouble filling my flats. I gave him $60 and he gave me seven 1-pint containers, telling me to come back for more when I filled them up. To say his fields were were picked clean is an understatement and I spent from 1p-3p yielding just 6.25 pints. At North Branch I easily fill 2 flats in an hour. The few berries I got were nice but it was certainly not 4-flats worth. I told Tony I had picked enough at his farm and expected to be refunded at least a portion of the $60 cash I gave him. He quickly told me his website says no refunds and I told him I didn't want a refund for the berries I picked, just the balance of my $60. At $1.66/pint I should have paid just $11.62, I even said give me $40 back and he refused. I told him if he were honest he wouldn't have taken $60 from me up-front, he could have just told me to try and pick the minimum first and then buy more if I was satisfied. He insisted his fields were 'loaded' with berries but he knew they were picked clean. I passed fields on the way to his farm that were loaded with berries. He said I could stay and continue to pick but I was so disgusted that I left. I wasn't looking to get something for nothing but I honestly expected him to just charge me for the berries I had picked. At $60, I wound up paying $9.60/pint. This was a rip off plan and simple. I'm embarrassed that I trusted him in the first place.
I don't expect something for nothing. However, if Tony were an honest businessman he would have simply charged me for the berries I picked and/or the minimum charge. I would have been satisfied with that as a fair transaction. But he kept it ALL and insisted that his website says NO REFUNDS. I don't care what he may say, he knew I was not going to get $60 worth of blueberries and he just stole my money. Again, I've picked blueberries for years in NJ and NEVER had a problem with ANY farm. Shame on me for trusting him and giving him $60 up-front, shame on him for stealing the balance of what I didn't pick...because looking for berries on his plants was harder than an Easter Egg Hunt. It wouldn't have been hard for him to show some basic customer services but it seems he has little regard for customer service. I was willing to pay him $20 ($3.20/pint) and walk away satisfied though embarrassed. He stole $60 from me, plan and simple.
Take a look at my picture of what $60 worth of blueberries looks like. They are good but hard to find so expect to spend a few days there if you want to get $60 worth.
If you want to spend a few hours with the family stomping around a field to pick a few blueberries just for the fun of it go ahead. But if you want to actually pick blueberries go somewhere else.
I'M EMBARRASSED THAT I TRUSTED THIS GUY BUT I'M POSTING MY SHAME IN THE HOPES THAT YOU CAN LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE
More Review Details
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Verbally abusive language
- Poor customer service
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I call DiMeo fruit farms looking for Star blueberry plants but i wanted organic since i live down south thats what they grow here. I talked to the owner Anthony..."
- "Our son was almost killed on our mower that we had just purchased 2 weeks before his wreck. he was on way to his sisters house just out the road..."
- "I used them before (maybe 10 years ago) and cancelled for the same reasons I need to cancel now. While my grass is greener in the front yard, I..."
- "I have a 1999 Fleetwood Discovery. Its a very popular layout. I have a Freightliner Chassis under me. Its commercial midium range bus chassis. Ive had minor roof leak..."
- "My name is Eddy and 2 years ago Johnny cured my 7+ year cocaine and heroin addiction. I just went back for my annual reboot and reset and I am..."
- "These types of operations routinely make unsubstantiated demands. They don't even know if it's the right person or if they even owe money. This office is connected to..."
- "Corporate Credit Network aka Truebuild Credit aka Inc Strategies is a scam group ran under the squeaky clean front person Katie Berrien. Mike and Amanda Berrien (Katie's Parents) are the..."
- "I contacted Owndoc.com customer service to solve my issue where i couldn't go through with my purchase. In these pictures you can see how badly this woman/alias called Sarah Vaughter..."
- "...We paid $3,000 for an extended warranty so we wouldn't have to deal with any repairs. WELL, neither Keystone or Holiday World of Dallas will come to the RV park..."