On 6/26/16 I went to DiMeo Farms to pick blueberries at $1.66/pint. This was my first and LAST time at this farm. I pick a LOTof berries at one time, (4-6 flats) and usually go to the pine barrens (North Branch Blueberries and others). I met Anthony DiMeo at his shed (the families old corn bin) and had a nice chat. He seemed like a good and honest man. I usually check the fields of places I go to see how heavily the plants are loaded before I start picking. Though all only take cash, none require it UP FRONT...clearly a RED FLAG. Tony told me his fields were LOADED with berries and I should have no trouble filling my flats. I gave him $60 and he gave me seven 1-pint containers, telling me to come back for more when I filled them up. To say his fields were were picked clean is an understatement and I spent from 1p-3p yielding just 6.25 pints. At North Branch I easily fill 2 flats in an hour. The few berries I got were nice but it was certainly not 4-flats worth. I told Tony I had picked enough at his farm and expected to be refunded at least a portion of the $60 cash I gave him. He quickly told me his website says no refunds and I told him I didn't want a refund for the berries I picked, just the balance of my $60. At $1.66/pint I should have paid just $11.62, I even said give me $40 back and he refused. I told him if he were honest he wouldn't have taken $60 from me up-front, he could have just told me to try and pick the minimum first and then buy more if I was satisfied. He insisted his fields were 'loaded' with berries but he knew they were picked clean. I passed fields on the way to his farm that were loaded with berries. He said I could stay and continue to pick but I was so disgusted that I left. I wasn't looking to get something for nothing but I honestly expected him to just charge me for the berries I had picked. At $60, I wound up paying $9.60/pint. This was a rip off plan and simple. I'm embarrassed that I trusted him in the first place.
I don't expect something for nothing. However, if Tony were an honest businessman he would have simply charged me for the berries I picked and/or the minimum charge. I would have been satisfied with that as a fair transaction. But he kept it ALL and insisted that his website says NO REFUNDS. I don't care what he may say, he knew I was not going to get $60 worth of blueberries and he just stole my money. Again, I've picked blueberries for years in NJ and NEVER had a problem with ANY farm. Shame on me for trusting him and giving him $60 up-front, shame on him for stealing the balance of what I didn't pick...because looking for berries on his plants was harder than an Easter Egg Hunt. It wouldn't have been hard for him to show some basic customer services but it seems he has little regard for customer service. I was willing to pay him $20 ($3.20/pint) and walk away satisfied though embarrassed. He stole $60 from me, plan and simple.
Take a look at my picture of what $60 worth of blueberries looks like. They are good but hard to find so expect to spend a few days there if you want to get $60 worth.
If you want to spend a few hours with the family stomping around a field to pick a few blueberries just for the fun of it go ahead. But if you want to actually pick blueberries go somewhere else.
I'M EMBARRASSED THAT I TRUSTED THIS GUY BUT I'M POSTING MY SHAME IN THE HOPES THAT YOU CAN LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE
More Review Details
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Verbally abusive language
- Poor customer service
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I recently purchased item 125B-BRC-RB Husqvarna 125B 28CC Gas leaf Blower from VMInnovations. It was delivered today in absolutely unacceptable condition. The box the blower came in was open when I received..."
- "I call DiMeo fruit farms looking for Star blueberry plants but i wanted organic since i live down south thats what they grow here. I talked to the owner Anthony..."
- "TruGreen was supposed to take care of crabgrass NOT kill my grass! Don't know how they can call themselves professionals not knowing about chemicals and what would damage grass...."
- "I did not have a choice when I bought my house 8 years ago as to who supplied my propane. But from the start it's been a horrible experience dealing..."
- "I have a 1999 Fleetwood Discovery. Its a very popular layout. I have a Freightliner Chassis under me. Its commercial midium range bus chassis. Ive had minor roof leak..."
- "These types of operations routinely make unsubstantiated demands. They don't even know if it's the right person or if they even owe money. This office is connected to..."
- "BUYER BEWARE-I have been on hold for over 2 hours (see screenshot below) on the Netgear Support line 888-638-4327. I have been waiting for a replacement router for 9 days..."
- "I selected my refrigerator delivery for Oct 27 the 4-8 window. On Oct 26, I received a voice message confirming the Oct 27 delivery date and window...."
- "I now exactly what you mean' Jason Brewer is nothing but a big fat 2 faced liar!!! along with Nathan Hedges. I just can't believe the poor quality and carelessness..."